Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Big Boy

I feel like Chance has changed so much in the past few weeks! 
We are no longer using bottles...yay!  Chance now drinks his milk and water just from sippy cups.  He also is not using a paci at all!  He was only using it to sleep and at nap time one day I couldn't find a paci anywhere.  He went to sleep just fine without it and that was that! 
Our other big accomplishment is he is walking!!  Over Labor Day weekend while we were in Maine he took 5 steps.  It was like after he finally put that many together he started walking more and more.  This past week he really took off and is walking everywhere.  He still plops down and crawls around, but he is fully capable of walking to get wherever he wants to go!  I still am not used to seeing him walk across the living room to get a toy or walk over to his high chair when it's time to eat.  Can't believe my little boy is getting so big!! 
He also has a top tooth finally poking its way through.  That makes a total of 3 teeth, but his lack of teeth has still not slowed him down in the eating department!  As his check up this month he weighed 25 lbs 6 oz (75%) and was 30 in (45%).  We also learned that his head circumference is in the 96%! Ha! 
I have a little talker on my hands, too.  The child babbles all the time!  From what my parents have said, it looks like I'm getting some payback for the chatterbox I was growing up!  In addition to "dada", "mama", and "night night", he now says "bye" and "thank you" which really sounds more like "di da" but we know what he's saying!  He loves to read to me and tell me all kinds of stories.  It is the cutest thing.
I love how excited he gets over the smallest things.  He squeals with delight when I grab my keys and we walk out the door.  Going to Target is a favorite outing because there are so many people to see and things to look at.  He waves at everyone and talks constantly through those trips.  I love my little social butterfly.
And now for some pictures...

Favorite kitchen cabinet...tupperware and utensils!

Doctor appointment

He loves to be outside

Fun at our music class
We are having so much fun as Chance continues to grow and develop his little personality.  I love my little wild child!



No comments:

Post a Comment