Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Carousels and Cupcakes

A few weeks ago when we were out running errands, we drove by the Common and I noticed a carousel.  I have wanted to take Chance ever since but we just aren't in that part of the city very often. 
Wednesday was a beautiful day, sunny and 75 degrees...the perfect day for a carousel ride!
We got on the T, which Chance loves, and went to the Common.  I had no idea all the things going on.  There were food trucks, little tables with umbrellas set up, a large playground, and the carousel. 


Chance loved it!  Honestly, it made me a little dizzy, but we both enjoyed the ride.
It was getting close to lunchtime so we strolled down Charles street where I grabbed a slice of pizza from Upper Crust (one of our faves!).  We then headed over to the Public Garden to find a spot for our picnic lunch.


I enjoyed my pizza while Chance munched on veggie sticks, grapes, and some yogurt.  Thankfully he has overcome his fear of grass since I forgot to bring us a blanket!  We enjoyed the beautiful day and all the people in the Garden.
Before heading home we strolled up Newbury street for a sweet snack.  I have been wanting to go to Georgetown Cupcake since they opened this summer. 



We finally made it and I was not disappointed!!  I somehow managed to hold off until nap time to enjoy my delicious treats.  Red velvet and cookies and creme.... yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment