Thursday, February 21, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is one of my favorite nights of the whole year.  I am so thankful that mine and John's family both go to First Presbyterian so we can all go to church together.  I love the candlelight service and getting to see all of my church family I grew up with.  After the service we all attend our annual Christmas Eve party.  This tradition was started way before I was born and used to be at Mommo's house.  It now is carried on at my parents' and we have such a great time!  Lots of food, drinks, and fellowship with our dearest friends and family.  As the evening comes to a close, we all gather around the piano and sing carols.  The twelve days of Christmas is always a favorite...we make EVERYONE get involved!  The last song is always "We Three Kings" and again the verses are divided up for everyone to sing. Such a great night and so many wonderful memories over the years.  It's neat because the party has evolved over the years as all of our families change.... boyfriends, fiancés, husbands, new babies, etc.  This year we also got to Skype with John Blubaugh while we was overseas. It was a wonderful night!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment