Friday, August 31, 2012

First Haircut

I put it off for as long as I could.  I told John I was at least waiting until he turned one before I cut his hair.  Well, last weekend I realized that his cute little curls were getting so long they weren't curling anymore...he was starting to get a mullet/rat tail in the back! Ha. So on Monday, August 27, I took Chance for his fist haircut.
I had no clue where to take him so I went to my trusty friend Google.  Upon several searches, I kept seeing "Snip-Its" pop up, so off we went.


I had very low expectations for how this would go.  Would Chance scream, wiggle uncontrollably so the haircut was impossible?? I knew I wouldn't have much control.  I did make sure we went right after lunch so he was full and well before nap time so he wouldn't be sleepy.  This place didn't take appointments so I wasn't sure if we would have to wait.  Thankfully we walked right in and were able to sit down immediately.


He sat in my lap facing me, which worked great.  He never even made a peep.  The lady was so nice and was aware that I was on the verge of tears at any moment.  She talked to me the whole time and did not get scissor happy, instead asking me about each snip... "is this okay?" "a little more or is that enough?".  I was so thankful!!



Chance did great (and I did too).  He left with a pack of dino stickers and I had a few of his curls.  We were both happy campers!

No comments:

Post a Comment