Sunday, May 6, 2012

8 months

Where has the time gone??  Is my baby boy really 8 months old?!?  Since I'm a little behind with blogging, as I write this he's really closer to 9 months.  So hard to believe!


Chance has changed so much in the past month.  Most importantly, he is now sleeping through the night! Hallelujah!! I feel like a new woman.  Now I do need to clarify, there are nights here and there when he cries but it rarely lasts longer than 20 mins and he is back to sleep.  Overall he is sleeping from 7:30ish-5:00ish.  His wakeup time changes day to day, but it is usually closer to 5 a.m.  I would love for him to sleep a little later but this mama is not going to complain after 7 1/2 months of multiple night wakings! 

One of Chance's new favorite things to do is wrinkle his nose.  We call this his "sniggle" face.  He thinks it's so funny and he does this all the time.

Another milestone is that we are no longer using his infant carseat.  I was so glad to get the bigger seat because he was getting so heavy to carry around in the other one!

My little buddy is working so hard to crawl.  He gets up on his hands and knees, rocks back and forth, but then will plop back down.  Right now, I'm enjoying being able to stick him on the floor and him stay in one place.  I know this won't be able to happen too much longer! 

Chance loves to play.... he is one busy boy and doesn't sit still.  Most days our floor looks like the picture below.  He likes to pull all of his toys out and roll around from one to another.

The weather has been so nice lately and we get outside every day we can.  There are several great parks within walking distance of our apartment.  We swing, stroll, slide, and have all kinds of fun. 

He still says "dada" nonstop.  We are working really hard on "mama" but anytime I encourage it he answers with a loud "dadada"!  Maybe next month...

No comments:

Post a Comment