Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Puerto Rico

About six months ago, John found out that he had a work conference in Puerto Rico.  I pretty much told him there was no way he was going without me.  So, after twisting our parents' arms to have Chance for the week (ha!), I booked my flight to join John in San Juan!
We worked it out to fly into Meridian several days ahead of time to get Chance settled, spend time with our families, and it also worked out for Chancey to be baptized!  I was pretty anxious the night before we left.  This would by far be the longest time away from Chance.  The only other time we left him was over New Years for 3 days/2 nights and we were in Nashville. Thankfully when we got up Tuesday morning to leave Chance was happy as could be.  He didn't even whimper when we left.  This made it about a thousand times easier for me to walk out that door!  Guess who else didn't shed a tear... that's right, this mama did not cry.  I knew he was in perfect hands for the week while we were gone and I also knew that thanks to my iphone I could have all the pics and videos of him I wanted :).

John and I had a perfect vacation.  We stayed at the Rio Mar Beach Resort. 

View from our balcony

While he was at meetings all day Wednesday and Thursday, I had lots of beach/pool time.  It was such a weird feeling being able to go and do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted.  No stroller, diaper bag, bottles, etc.  I kept feeling like I was forgetting something! 

Birthplace of the Pina Colada

The conference was over Friday but we stayed through the weekend.  We enjoyed lunches on the beach, drinks by the pool, and nights sitting on our balcony.  It really was nice to spend so much time together.  With our five year anniversary coming up in July, this was the perfect timing for our trip. 

Empanadas and beer from the local beach (one of our fave meals!)

Enjoying free drinks at the Bacardi Tour

We had some great dinners, went on a tour of Old San Juan, John went scuba diving, and I spent a morning at the spa.  We also slept in, watched a movie, played cards, and took naps!  Our trip was a great mix of activities and relaxation. 


Exploring Old San Juan

By Sunday night as we were repacking our suitcases to head home, John and I were both so ready to see our little munchkin.  He had a great week in Meridian and we loved that he got to spend so much time with his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  That sure did make being gone for a week a whole lot easier! 
John and I had a fabulous trip... Happy Anniversary babe, here's to many many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment