Monday, May 14, 2012

Baptism

Chance was baptized at FPC Meridian on April 22.  I was so excited that Dr. Payne was able to baptize Chance in the church where John and I met, were married, and where our families are members. 
(Side note: we love our church in Boston but we have been out of town for the past two membership classes and didn't want to keep putting off Chancey being baptized)
It was such a special day!  Chance wore the christening gown that one of the triplets wore when they were baptized. 


All of our family that lives in Meridian were there.  I was a little nervous for Chance to sit through the service but he did great!  He also did such a good job throughout the actual baptism... no tears! 
After church we all went back to my parents' house for lunch. 



It was so nice to have everyone there to spend time with.  We had not been in MS since Christmas and while I know everyone wanted to catch up with me and John, Chance was really the main attraction :)!  Unfortunately for everyone, he napped for two hours. We joked that the lunch was all for him and he slept right through it!  But, my sweet boy woke up just in time for dessert.  John and I let him have a little taste of Aunt Jo's cake.  This was by far the most sugar he has ever had!



I'm so thankful to be part of a family with a strong faith and pray that John and I raise Chance in a way that he knows and loves Jesus.  We had a wonderful day and below are tons of pictures!










2 comments: