Sunday, August 19, 2012

ONE

Well I'm sure you won't be surprised with how this post begins....
WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?? Seriously, this year has flown by!  I can't believe my little Chancey man is one!!


What a joy this sweet boy is.  He is happy 98% of the time and the other 2% is pretty much when he is hungry or tired.  I love how easily amused he is and also how serious he gets when he is trying to figure something out. 



Since we got back from MS, Toby and Chance have become best friends.  They have always been buddies but now they play together all day!  Chance pulls on Toby's rope toy, Toby chases Chance's ball, and they love giving each other kisses.  It is the cutest thing to watch Chance crawl over to him and just lay on top of Toby to give him a "hug".



At the beginning of the month, Chance was drinking 3 (8oz) bottles of formula everyday along with 3 meals and 1 or 2 snacks.  About a week ago we made the transition to whole milk.  He also has dropped the mid-day bottle and now drinks that milk from a sippy cup.  We are working to get rid of the other two.  He is such a good eater and I hope this never changes.  He eats lots of fruits and vegetables, along with whatever John and I happen to be eating.  The only things I feed him are his oatmeal and yogurt, other than that he feeds himself.  He also now only uses the paci for sleeping.  Thankfully this was a very easy transition and even now sometimes he goes to sleep without it.



We try to go out and do something at least once a day.  We go to the park several times a week and Chance loves strolling.  He was taking such good morning and afternoon naps, but lately those have been not so predictable!  I really hesitate to write this but Chance is sleeping really good at night.  He goes to bed around 7:00 and sleeps until 6/6:30.  He may wake up for a few minutes every now and then, but he puts himself back to sleep...which is wonderful!!


Chancey is such a big boy.  His favorite thing to say is still "dada" but he does say "mama" and his newest word is "night night".  Some days he babbles and talks to me all day and I would just love to know what he is saying!  We don't go for his check up until later in the month, but from standing on the bathroom scale with him, I think Chance weighs around 24-25 pounds.  He is currently wearing 12-18 month clothes.  He still hasn't really worn shoes yet since he's not walking.




Since we wouldn't be with our family on Chance's actual birthday, we had a little early celebration before we left Meridian in July.  He got to open some presents and Aunt Jo made him a cake.  She used the same teddy bear cake pan she used when John turned one.  We had fun celebrating a couple weeks early!




I still can't believe it's been a year.  I love my little family of three more than anything.  It's hard to even imagine our life before Chance now...seriously, what did we used to do??!?  God has blessed John and me more through our precious boy than we ever could have imagined.  So thankful for my happy, healthy boy!

1 comment:

  1. i cant believe he is already one! chance is absolutely precious. so glad yall had fun celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete