Saturday, August 11, 2012

Wedding Week: Saturday....the BIG day!

After months of planning, July 14 finally rolled around! We all were filled with so many emotions... excited it was here, nervous/anxious about the day, shock both of my sisters would be married, etc!  It's hard to even put into words about not only the wedding, but everything leading up to.  Yes, I am recalling what we did amd adding pictures to go along with it, but it is so hard to describe how blessed my family was during the whole time, how full of love and emotion, and just how excited we were!  I would not trade the time spent at home with them for anything in this world.  The wedding day was a blur of people and events but it was one of the most important days for my family and a time I will never forget! So... here is a brief summary of a most fabulous day!!

That morning we all went to the Vise's beautiful home for a family/wedding party brunch.  It could not have been more perfect!  We had a delicious meal, mimosas, and lots of time to visit with family and friends.  What a great start to the day!




The girls all left the brunch and went to start getting ready, while the boys had a few hours to relax.  Mom and I headed over to Le Maxim while the brides and bridesmaids went to K Salon.  Fast forward two hours and we were at the church putting on our dresses!!


The church looked absolutely beautiful.  We got ready, took pictures, and were anxious for the ceremony to begin! 






6:30 came before we knew it and it was time to line up and walk down the aisle.  The church was packed, the music was beautiful, and the ceremony was wonderful.  It was a perfect mix of shared moments and individual times for each couple.  I was so honored to be the matron of honor for both sisters!  What a wonderful day!



Before long we were all on the trolleys and headed to the reception at Northwood, where we ate, drank, and danced the night away!  Lots of fun was had by all.... maybe a little too much fun!! 






I can't believe I don't have a picture with my wonderful husband (or Chance!), but another very special thing about the day of the wedding was it was our 5 year anniversary.  If someone had told me on my wedding day that five years down the road I would be living in Boston, have a precious almost 1 year old boy, and be at my sisters' double wedding....I never would have believed it!! It has been an amazing five years and I look forward to many many more.

Laura Anne and Rae, I have to say that it takes two very special people to agree to share their wedding day.  You were both so great throughout the whole process and I think now really understand about a give/take relationship and compromise.... what a great set-up for marriage!! But in all seriousness, I am so happy to see both of you so happy.  Chris and Robert are two lucky guys and I am excited for yall to start the rest of your lives together.

Mom and Dad, everything turned out beautifully!  The wedding and reception were everything we hoped they would be!  How you both had three girls plus Chance living at home for the month leading up to the wedding and kept your sanity is beyond me..ha! Your joy, generosity, love, excitement (I could go on and on) are contagious and made for the perfect atmosphere for planning and leading up to the wedding.  Thank you for everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment